November COVID Update WCSD
COVID Update March 11, 2022
In the spirit of transparency, the Walton County School District (WCSD) will continue to update our stakeholders with COVID-19 data for the 2021-2022 school year.
As we continue our mitigation strategies below, we want to thank all of our stakeholders – parents, students, teachers, staff, administrators, and our school board – for working together to keep our schools safe.
To link to the full WCSD post, please use the link in image or link shared below.
Walton County School District COVID-19 Mitigation Strategies for the 2021-2022 School Year
- If a person is sick (students, teachers, staff, and visitors), they should stay home.
- Face covering is optional for all, including the bus.
- Hand sanitizer is available at various areas inside the school.
- Social distancing from others is encouraged as much as possible.
- Signs will be displayed to remind those in schools about social distancing, as well as the use of hand sanitizer, washing of hands, and face coverings.
- Cleaning and disinfecting school facilities/buses which are occupied by students will be done daily.
- Adequate mitigation supplies are on hand at all schools/facilities (hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes, masks, etc.).
- COVID-19 vaccination is optional for all students and employees.
- COVID-19 contact tracing is occurring in all schools/facilities (2021-2022 WCSD Decision Tree for employees and students).
- At this time non-essential visitors and volunteers are not allowed to enter schools. This mitigation strategy will be revisited in the next few weeks.
Rapid COVID Testing for WCSD Students & Employees
COVID-19 rapid testing is available only at the Stone Clinical Laboratory, Freeport, FL. Please see the updated COVID testing information below:
Patient Drive-up Testing at the Stone Clinical Laboratory Freeport FL Location
- Covid – 19 drive-up PCR Testing by appointment
- Address: 902 State Highway 20, Suite 118 &120, Freeport, FL 32439
- Hours of operation – 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday – Saturday, same-day results if collected before noon
- Go to the following link https://forms.office.com/r/RyAf0H6Yqr to pre-register
- Call 850-972-9310 to schedule your appointment
Pre-registration Parent/Patient Information and Requirements – Highly Recommended
- Go to the following link https://forms.office.com/r/RyAf0H6Yqr
- Complete all required fields with patient/guardian/policy holder information
- Information needed:
- Patient and Guardian Name(s)
- Social Security Number
- Phone number
- Insurance information
- Policy holder information
- Consent form for minors – will provide on location