Dune Lakes Traffic Flow 2022-2023
Traffic Flow 2022-2023
Parents of Car Riders
Student safety is a priority. School zone speed limits should be observed at all times. Students should be dropped off and picked up at the designated location for safety. Students should be escored at all times by a parent or staff member when arriving or deparing from campus.
If you are tardy, escort your student(s) insdie the front office to sign in. Students should NOT walk along in the parking lot or at drop off sites if a staff member is not present.
Dune Lakes Elementary has three car drop-off locations and one designated walker location. Staff will be at each of these areas at 7:15 a.m. each school day to assist your child to class. Dune Lakes staff works hard to make the car lines move as quickly and as safely as possible. Here are few small things you can do to help keep the lines going:
If you are checking out your child please plan to before 1:45 P.M.
Dune Lakes Elementary School has a separate Bus Ramp on the west side of the building. The Bus Ramp is for bus traffic only and not for visitor or car rider parking or pick-up.
- MORNING Bus Riders arriving at school before 7:15 a.m. will be walked to the cafeteria. They can eat breakfast and will then be dismissed to class at 7:15 a.m.
- AFTERNOON Bus Riders will be walked to their bus by grade level staff.
PLEASE DO NOT MAKE TRANSPORTATION CHANGES FOR YOUR CHILD AFTER 1:45 PM UNLESS IT IS AN EMERGENCY.
Walton County School District Transportation
Walton County School Disctrict maintains all bus transportation routes.
The Walton County School District Transportation Department’s main objective is to transport students to and from school in a safe and timely manner every day. The Walton County School District provides transportation to area schools according to “Transportation Routes.”
In addition to transporting students, the Transportation Department also:
- Provides transportation for extra-curricular activities
- Performs inspections on all buses to ensure safety
- Trains prospective bus drivers in commercial driver training programs
- Maintain all district vehicles to ensure safety
- Issues vehicle numbers
Dune Lakes School Zone
The Dune Lakes Elementary School Bus Zone covers South of Choctawhatchee Bay as far West as Highway 393 then East to the Walton County/Bay County border.
Would you like to know when your student's bus is going to be late?
The Transportation Department of Walton County School District is using Bus Bulletin notification system to notify parents and students when there are bus delays and schedule changes.
If you would like to receive instant notifications when delays or incidents affect your student's bus, please register with Bus Bulletin.
- There is no cost for this service.
- Registration is simple and fast.
- You can choose to receive text messages, phone calls, and e-mails.
- Enter up to seven different phone numbers.
- All contact information is stored securely and will not be shared or sold - your privacy is protected.
For more information, or to sign-up and start receiving notifications, please visit:
For help with registration, call Brenda Baker with Walton District Schools Transportation Department at (850) 892-1100 ext. 1642.